Post submission materials vary depending on the sponsor. For NIH, post-submission grant application materials are those submitted after submission of the grant application but prior to the initial peer review. For DOD, post submission materials can include additional information needed before a grant will be awarded. For any requested information by the sponsor, please work with DSP to obtain necessary approvals and review before the information is submitted to the sponsor by executing the “Notify DSP of Post Submission Update” activity in UFIRST.
When additional information is requested by NIH from grant applicants, Just-in-Time (JIT) provides a tool for this purpose. JIT allows applicants and signing officials to submit certain elements of a competing grant application at a later date in the application process – after the peer review and as the application is being considered for funding. This includes information on Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval of the use of human subjects approval, verification of IACUC’s approval of the proposed use of live vertebrate animals, etc. The application must meet certain business criteria and have achieved a certain score to be considered.
Only submit JIT in eRA Commons when requested by NIH.
Principal Investigator or Designee will:
1. Log in to eRA Commons
2. Click on the “Status” tab at the top
3. From the Status menu, select the Just-In-Time hyperlink (on left)
4. Search by Grant number, PI name, etc.
5. Click on the JIT link under the “Action” column
6. Import or enter the required information:
7. Press the Save button when completed.
8. Click “View Just-In-Time Report” to review the saved information.
9. Notify DSP that the JIT is available in eRA Commons for verification by executing the “Notify DSP of Post Submission Update” activity in UFIRST.
Upon notification of receipt, DSP will:
1. Review the uploaded JIT information in eRA Commons. If IRB and/or IACUC approval is required, DSP cannot complete JIT verification until IRB and/or IACUC approval letters are received.
2. If changes are needed, we will contact the PI or departmental contact for correction.
3. Once everything is complete, submit JIT in eRA Commons.
4. PI will receive an email from eRA Commons when JIT information has been submitted.