UFIRST – Award Modifications
- All requests for an Award Modification must be made using UFIRST – Award Modification functionality.
- DSP will receive the request and take the appropriate action.
- For modifications DSP can approve, DSP will submit to C&G Accounting thru UFIRST.
- For modifications that require sponsor approval, attach to the UFIRST – Award Modification the
- document that will be sent to the sponsor.
- UFIRST- Awards has eight Modification Types
- Financial (example: adding budget, request a temp, create new projects)
- Dates (example: No Cost Extension)
- Personnel (example: change PI)
- Terms and Condition (example: update UFIRST T&Cs)
- Compliance (example: update IRB and IACUC information)
- Early Termination
- Project Demographics (example: update Title, IDC Center, Project Type)
- Award Demographics (example: change Sponsor Name, Responsible Unit)
What to do with an Award Modification Document
If you receive an award modification or amendment directly from a sponsor please deliver to DSP using UFIRST as follows;
- For amendments that add funding NOT originally proposed, you will need to create a UFIRST – PROPOSAL for the new funding and attach the amendment.
- For amendments that add an increment of funding that was originally proposed, use UFIRST – Award Modifcation.
- For amendments that will require negotiation use UFIRST – AGREEMENT
DSP’s Contracting Office will process amendments from the following sponsor’s;
- all federal contracts
- all industry (for-profit)
- all foreign agreements
DSP’s Unit based teams will process amendments from the following sponsor’s;
- all federal grants and cooperative agreements
- all domestic non-profit agreements
- all state agreements
- IFAS SPA’s