Campus – Multiple Sponsor Project
DSP is authorized to accept funds on behalf of faculty for research, training and other research related purposes. One category of project DSP may approve is called a Multiple Sponsor Project. These projects are established to accept funds from multiple sources that purchase a specific service being provided.
- IFAS Faculty follow the IFAS Faculty Service Program found below.
Some limitations placed on a Multiple Sponsor Project are as follows:
- Deposits are limited to no more than $10,000, unless specifically approved by DSP. For amounts of $10,000 or more a separate project may need to be established.
- No financial reporting obligations back to Sponsor.
- All contractual agreements (i.e.: letters, grants, purchase orders) being used must be forward to DSP for review and acceptance on behalf of the University of Florida.
- Projects will be established based upon applicable indirect cost assessment.
To open a Multiple Sponsor Project, please submit to DSP the following:
- A UFIRST- Proposal.
- Attach to the UFIRST – Proposal a description of the Standard Services to be provided to the sponsors/buyers.
- Budget released to a Multiple Sponsor Project will always be equal to cash received.
- For a payment to be released into an established Multiple Sponsor Project, please provide copies of checks, all correspondence (i.e. agreement, sponsor transmittal letters, PO) to DSP.
- DSP will issue a Notice of Award (NOA) when notified that first payment has been received. DSP verifies the payment belongs to the Multiple Sponsor Project and then releases the payment with a NOA for the Multiple Sponsor Project to be established in Fund 209.
- Additional cash received will be added to the Multiple Sponsor Project by providing DSP’s Award Administration a copy of the funding letter, agreement or other correspondence and the check. DSP’s Award Administration office will forward the checks to Contracts & Grants Accounting and issue a Notice of Award (NOA) increasing the budget available.
- IFAS faculty; Please see the IFAS Faculty Service Program (FSP), which has been designed for IFAS faculty conducting routine services for multiple, external, non-Federal sponsors on a fixed price basis.