External Funding Opportunity Resources
UF’s Funding Opportunities page is updated weekly with both internal and external funding opportunities. This is also where UF announces required internal coordination procedures for limited submission programs. Sign up for weekly alerts when the page is updated by visiting the Funding Opportunities page, logging in using the Login link at the top right of the page, and managing your subscription under the Subscription tab. UF faculty, staff, and students only; requires login with GatorLink credentials unless viewing from campus or via VPN.
The PDF above is jointly maintained by the Division of Research Program Development and the Graduate School and represents a snapshot of some of the recurring funding opportunities available for graduate students.
Government Funding Resources
|Grants.Gov||USDA NIFA Grants|
|Federal Digital System||NIH Guide to Grants & Contracts|
|FedConnect – Public Opportunities||Federal Business Opportunities|
|List of Federal Agencies||NSF Active Funding Opportunities / Guide to Programs|
Provides contact information, financial data and access to 990-PF tax forms, which often include information on how to submit a proposal to the foundation (see Part XV).
Searchable Databases (Government and Foundation Opportunities)
- COS Pivot Funding Opportunities – UF faculty, staff and students may register for free. View instructional videos for COS Pivot here.
- Grant Forward
Subscribe to Free Grant Alerts
- National Science Foundation Update
- NIH Guide Weekly Table of Contents
- Grants.gov – Daily postings from all federal grant-making agencies.
- NASA (Select “Getting an Account” and register. At the end of the registration process, you will be prompted to select the email subscriptions you prefer.)
- National Endowment for the Humanities – RSS Feed
- The Foundation Center’s Newsletters
- Download slides from a presentation on searching for funding opportunities for graduate students (PDF). The notes for the slides are included as an extra layer on the PDF, or in the notes field on the PowerPoint presentation.
- View a presentation from Steve Roberts of Oak Ridge University Partnerships (ORAU), held on January 17, 2013. He discussed areas of interest for partnership, provided an update on research and education opportunities, and identified strategic research areas.