International Travel

University of Florida faculty, researchers, and staff often travel internationally as part of their official UF duties. Depending upon your destination, what you intend to bring with you, or your planned activities, you may need to obtain a license or other authorization from the U.S. government before your trip.

In addition to your departmental approval process, there are three steps you need to take before you embark on an international trip:

1. Review the guidance on this webpage and contact the Division of Research Compliance for assistance with export licenses or other authorizations.

2. Register your travel with the UF International Center.

3. If you are traveling with any UF-owned equipment, including your laptop, request pre-approval from UF Asset Management.