In order to conduct research safely and in compliance with regulatory requirements, there are many trainings that need to be completed by faculty and researchers prior to and during the conduct of the research. Further, staff who process proposals, administer grant awards and negotiate contracts and other research-related agreements in support of this research also need to complete required training. Please see below for a list of the required trainings for either Faculty and Researchers or Staff.
For Faculty & Researchers
- Grant writing – Please contact the contact the Division of Research Program Development if you are interested in this training.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) – IRB-01, IRB-02, IRB-03, IRB-04 (WIRB): Same as IRB-03. Human Subjects Research Training. UF has three IRBs and utilizes the services of Western IRB (WIRB) for industry sponsored clinical trials. While all IRBs are governed by the same set of federal rules, each IRB has their own training requirements.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) – Animal Subjects Research Training.
- Export Controls – DRC offers three training opportunities on export controls.
- Financial Conflict of Interests (FCOI) – UF has established a specific FCOI training course (DSR810), which satisfies this PHS requirements.
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) – Navigate to the required RCR training for NSF and USDA NIFA grants.
- Clinical Trials – Online and live courses that address Health Science Center (HSC) Research Billing Compliance issues.
- Cost Principles – Complete course RSH 260 through myUFL>>Main Menu>> My Self Service >> Training
- Effort Fundamentals – Complete course RSH 220 through myUFL>>Main Menu>> My Self Service >> Training
- Protect Your Intellectual Property – Schedule a presentation for your department with the Office of Technology Licensing.