Assurances, Compliances, Representations and Certifications
To obtain funding from the federal government or other sponsoring agencies, the University will make assurances to the sponsor that it is in compliance with a number of regulations. Each sponsor, or even program, will have its own set of requirements. These assurances, compliances, representations and certifications apply to the institution, not the principal investigator.
The sponsor may require some or all of the following assurances, and may have additional agency-specific requirements:
- The University will comply with all regulations, policies, guidelines and requirements, as they relate to the application, acceptance and use of funds.
- The Office of Research has legal authority to submit applications and accept extramural funding for the University.
- Facilities are properly accredited and authorized.
- The University is not on the Federal Debarment and Suspension List.
- The University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
- Military services are not barred from recruitment at University of Florida sites.
- The University is in compliance with:
- Federal Discrimination Regulations
- Federal Lobbying Regulations
- Federal Regulations Regarding Promoting Objectivity in Research
- Federal Regulations Regarding Research Misconduct
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
- Title IX of the Education Amendments
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- National Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Smoke-Free Workplace Act