Cayuse 424/Grants.gov at UF
Welcome to DSR’s Cayuse 424 webpage
Cayuse 424 is a web-based service connected directly to Grants.gov where UF Investigators and staff will log in and create their Grants.gov application for electronic submission. Its easy, its fast and submits error free applications into Grants.gov. It takes the worry out of the equation once submitted.
Cayuse 424 offers many great features including;
- Easy budget building tool, allows you to pull in UF salaries, fringes, and overhead, for a correctly calculated budget every time.
- Detailed budget is easily collapsed into the NIH modular format in one click.
- Auto-fill of routine UF data used in the SF 424 face page (applicant information).
- Transformation of your proposal into another funding opportunity in one click
Cayuse 424 is available for 98% of federal grant opportunities available in Grants.gov, there may be a few programs where Cayuse 424 cannot be used. In those rare cases you will need to use the Grants.gov Adobe Forms package.
We believe once you become familiar with using Cayuse 424 you will never go back to forms. By January 1, 2013 we expect all Grants.gov submissions be entered through Cayuse 424.
Ready, Set, Go; Login to Cayuse 424 and create a Proposal
- Login directly to Cayuse 424
- Login to Cayuse 424 through myUFL. The link can be found under Main Menu > Grants > Proposals
- Create Your Professional Profile in Cayuse 424
Questions, Ask the Experts
- Cayuse 424 Webinars
- Cayuse FAQ
- 10 Quick Steps to Building a Proposal in Cayuse 424
- Detailed Guide on how to Create a Proposal Using Cayuse 424
- Update Your Professional Profile in Cayuse 424
- Cayuse 424 Tips and Tricks
Cayuse Reference Manual
DSR Internal Guidance
- How do I collect the standard UF approvals to submit a Cayuse 424 proposal to Grants.gov?
- There is no change in how you collect approvals and deliver a Cayuse 424 Proposal to DSR for Approval.
- DSR highly recommends using the UF Express Proposal Page and its electronic workflow functionality. Please check with your department and college to make sure they have the capability to use electronic workflow. The Express Proposal Page can be completed in less than 5-minutes. Copy and paste the Cayuse 424 proposal link into the Express Proposal page, Transmission Instructions and attach all other required documents. Once DSR receives the Express Proposal Page we will review and click on the Cayuse 424 link and submit your grant application through Cayuse to Grants.gov.
- If you use the paper Sponsored Project Approval Form (DSR-1) to collect the required signatures, you may deliver by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the completed DSR-1, attach the other required documents, and in the email body copy and paste the Cayuse 424 proposal link. Once DSR receives the email we will click on the Cayuse 424 link and submit your grant application through Cayuse to Grants.gov.
- What are the Other Required Documents?
- Disclosure of Conflict of Interest Form for PHS or NSF funding.
- Subcontractor/Subaward proposal, signed by the subrecipient’s authorized official, when proposing a subaward.
- Cost Sharing Documentation
- For Mandatory: A copy of the Funding Agencies Guidelines and the written commitment from the individual authorized to commit the resources.
- For Non-mandatory or Voluntary Committed (offered to the sponsor in a proposal): Dean’s written approval.
- If indirect costs have been limited or prohibited, provide a copy of the Funding Agencies Guidelines.
- Note: Your department or college may have additional requirements.
- Any change to Proposal Deadlines when using Cayuse 424?
- We strongly encourage your proposal be submitted to DSR no later than 2 business days prior to the Sponsor’s published deadline. If you know you will be submitting last minute please drop email@example.com a note letting them know.
If you still need to use the Adobe Forms package, see our Grants.gov page.