Welcome to the University of Florida’s Research Training Utility. This tool helps faculty, staff, and students identify what mandatory training must be completed in order to conduct research at the University of Florida. This tool does not address (a) optional training nor (b) all training required to do other functions at the University.
Directions: Answer the questions below based on the kind of research activities you expect to conduct.
- Please note that while none of the questions are required, this utility depends on you entering complete and accurate information in order to properly identify what training you need to complete.
- This utility uses conditional logic and additional questions may appear as you fill out the form.
- You can save a partially completed form and return to it later by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking “Save and continue”. The Utility will send you an email with a link to return to the partially completed form.
- Once you have answered all of the questions hit the “Next” button at the bottom of the page to advance to the list of the courses that you need to complete. The list includes the course name, how often it needs to be completed, where to take it, and how long it typically takes to complete it.
- You can print the list to serve as a reference.
- You may also receive an email with the list if you enter your email address and click the submit button at the bottom of that page.
Note: This tool does not integrate with myTraining at this time and as a result does not display your completion status for individual trainings. You can however log in to http://mytraining.hr.ufl.edu/ and access most of your training records by viewing your training transcript. Instructions on how to view your training transcript are located at http://training.hr.ufl.edu/instructionguides/mytraining/viewing_your_training_transcript.pdf. Unfortunately some trainings are hosted by outside entities and may not have their results incorporated into myTraining at this time.
Definitions of some terms in the form below are available at: http://research.ufl.edu/rtuhelp.html.