- Agreement Negotiation & Signature
- Award Management
- Outgoing Subawards
The University of Florida is committed to supporting efficient and compliant award management. It is a shared responsibility of the PI, department, college and core offices to ensure that the award is set up in UFIRST in a manner to best support understanding of award conditions and University policies, meet sponsor expectations for deliverables and prior approvals, and meet financial controls and reporting requirements of the Sponsor.
Formerly known as the FDP (Federal Demonstration Partnership) terms, these conditions are applied by many of our major federal research sponsors to their research awards. The federal wide terms provide for waivers to requirements for prior approvals required in UG 200.308.
NSF, NIH, USDA NIFA, Energy, NASA, and Commerce have adopted these terms. The terms, the awards to which they apply and the agency by agency adoption of waivers is detailed in the pages below:
Agency implementation statements for EPA, FAA, and Homeland Security are expected soon.
In August 2020, all federal grants and contracts prohibit the procurement of telecommunications, networking and other equipment from certain prohibited suppliers, namely Huawei and its affiliates (including ZTE). The currently known list of prohibited suppliers is available HERE.
In an effort to ensure that the University enforces and monitors this centrally rather than have each individual faculty member understand vendor and supplier relationships, the University updated the University’s federal purchase order terms & conditions with these terms. Further, individual teams at the University have updated their procedures as follows:
• AddSupplier team will update supplier portal so all vendors agree to T&Cs.
• AddSupplier team will not add Huawei or subsidiaries to the vendor file.
• AddSupplier team update will review Visual Compliance API to review existing UF supplier base.
• PCard team will run regular scan of all PCard activity for transactions to restricted parties.
• Procurement will use the new T&C language and incorporate in a letter to existing contracts.
• Procurement will add the new T&Cs to existing contracts.
As p-card holders can purchase directly from suppliers, please be mindful of these rules and know that any purchase from these suppliers on federal funds will be transferred off to discretionary sources.