Forms & Templates
UFIRST Proposal and Agreement Approval System
Beginning March 23, all proposals for sponsored funding will be routed for University approvals using UFIRST. UFIRST replaces the DSP-1 form, the Peoplesoft Express and Peoplesoft grants workflow system.
PHS and NSF FCOI Disclosure Forms, USAMRMC and CDMRP COI Disclosure Forms
FCOI and COI Forms must be completed by all Investigators as defined below and upload to the UFIRST-Proposal record. The UFIRST proposal will not be submitted to DSP without the FCOI/COI Forms uploaded for all required.
Investigator is defined as the Principal Investigator, Co-Principal Investigator, or any other person responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of the research or educational activities. “Investigator” for the purposes of determining a “Significant Financial Interest” includes the Investigator’s spouse and dependent children.
- PHS Significant Financial Interest, DSP-05 PHS is required with each grant application where UF will be the recipient or a sub-recipient of funding from a US Public Health Service Organization (HHS, PHS, NIH, HRSA, FDA, SAMSA, AHRQ, CDC, CMS).
- NSF Significant Financial Interest, DSP-05 NSF is required with each grant application where UF will be the recipient or a sub-recipient of funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- USAMRMC or CDMRP: Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form, DSP-05 USAMRMC/CDMRP is required with each grant application where UF will be the recipient or a sub-recipient of funding from the United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMA) or from the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP).
Non Federal Funding:
- PHS Significant Financial Interest, DSP-05 PHS is required with non-federal sponsors that adopt the PHS FCOI policy, for example, American Heart, FDOH/Bankhead Coley, Alliance for Lupus Research (ALR), American Cancer Society (ACS), American Heart Association (AHA), Arthritis Foundation (AF), Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), Lupus Foundation of America (LFA), and Susan G. Komen for the Cure American Lung Association.
- Complete List of organizations that require compliance with PHS regulations
Proposal Related Forms
- pdf NRSA Fellow and Sponsor Assurance Statement needed at time of proposal submission
- word Human Subject Training for Key Personnel for NIH Grants
- word Template Consortium (Subaward) Letter for NIH Grants
- word Clinical Trial Agreement Checklist
- word Sample Request Letter for a Subaward Proposal
- UF Registration Form for eRACommons
- Register for NSF FastLane
Award Compliance Form (ACF) (implemented campus wide effective Feb 1, 2016)
- pdf ACF Form: This form is required to be completed and returned to DSP for each new award, supplement, modification, and renewal. The NOA will not be released until the ACF form is completed and returned.
UFIRST Award Modifications – Add Budget, No Cost Extensions, Request Additional Projects
- All requests for an Award Modification must be made using UFIRST – Award Modification functionality. DSP will receive the request and take the appropriate action.Many modifications can be approved by DSP, while other modifications require sponsor approval. For mods that require sponsor approval please attach to the UFIRST-Award Modification request the document that will be sent to the sponsor.
- In UFIRST-Awards there are eight Modification Types
- Financial (example: adding budget release, request a temp, create new projects)
- Dates (example: No Cost Extension)
- Personnel (example: change PI)
- Terms and Condition (example: update UFIRST T&Cs)
- Compliance (example: update IRB and IACUC information)
- Early Termination
- Project Demographics (example: update Title, IDC Center, Project Type)
- Award Demographics (example: change Sponsor Name, Responsible Unit)
FDP Form – Pre-Award Costs, Temp Release, No Cost Extension
Carryover Request Template
- docx Carryover Request Template
CAS Exemption Forms
Notification of Departing PI
Transferring / New Investigator at UF
- web version (1) Links to common resources and (2) a form to connect new investigators with applicable compliance offices.
Template Research Agreements
These template Research Agreements are most commonly used with our non-federal (industry) sponsors.
- word Standard Research Agreement
- word Standard Research Agreement Amendment
- word Florida High Tech Corridor (FHTCC) Standard Research Agreement
- word University of Florida Industry Partnerships Research Agreement Modification
- word Simple Fixed Fee Research Service Agreement
- word Standard Clinical Trial Agreement
Template Subaward Documents
Subaward Agreement Forms
As a member of FDP, UF uses to the widest extent possible the FDP Subaward Templates. These templates were designed to expedite review among FDP member institutions. However, non-FDP members institutions may also use the templates. The templates are considered an ongoing FDP demonstration.
- FDP Research Subaward Facepage – Cost Reimbursement
- FDP Research Subaward Facepage – Fixed Price
- Attachment 1 – Certifications
- Attachment 3A – UF Contacts
- Attachment 3B page 1 – Subrecipient Contacts
- Attachment 3B page 2 – Subrecipient Highest Compensated Officers – for FFATA reporting
- Attachment 4 – Reporting Requirements
- Attachment 5 – Cost Reimbursement – can be used with any rate, including the 10% de minimis rate
- Attachment 5 – Fixed Price – indicates payment schedule
- Generic Attachment 2 – To be used in the interim while new Attachments 2s are being developed, and as the Federal agencies release specific terms and conditions. Pass-through entities (PTEs) should attach their prime notice of award to Attachment 2, and redact information as necessary.
Attachment 2 – Continuation – State of Florida Specific Requirements
- word State of Florida Specific Requirements
Subaward Amendment; (i.e. adding funds, adding time)
- Sample modification for awards issued under UG – To be used when a modification must be issued to a subrecipient already subject to the Uniform Guidance per the original subaward.
Subaward Agreements with International Collaborators
Please note that these templates are boilerplates and will be revised according to UF’s policies and in accordance with the needs and location of the research project, etc.
- Checklist of Additional Terms and Conditions to be Considered for Foreign Subawards
- Guidance Document for Foreign SubawardTtemplates Revised June 2015
- Sample Foreign Subaward Template Cost Reimbursable Revised September 2015
- Sample Foreign Subaward Template Fixed Price Revised September 2015
- Non-UG Foreign Subaward Sample Revised January 2013
Template Subcontract Documents
UF Standard Subcontract; used by UF when subcontracting with 1) non-federal funds and 2) under a federal contract, not a grant.
- word UF Standard Subcontract
NDA, Teaming Agreement, MTA, Data Use Agreement
Invention Report Forms
- link Report a New Discovery
Outside Activity Forms
- pdf Outside Activity and Related Financial Conflict of Interest Forms
- link Unaffiliated research request to conduct human subjects research at UF
Fund 214 Check Deposit Log
- excel Fund 214 Check Deposit Log
- word Outgoing Subaward Set Up Form
Sponsor Code Requests
- form Sponsor Code Request Form